For understandable career reasons, Tom has had to focus on his duties within the academic world, but he is still hoping to be able to contribute to the LibraryCity site from time to time. The site reflects our shared philosophy. We are especially interested in access issues in every sense of the word—from truly universal and comprehensive library service to software and hardware usable by people with disabilities. Like me, Tom remains keen on separate but intertwined digital systems at the national level for public and academic libraries.
- Jim Duncan, Colorado Library Consortium executive director, speaks out in LibraryCity series on public libraries and the Digital Public Library of America
- Why the DPLA should avoid confusing the missions of public and academic libraries: Thoughts from an academic publishing veteran
- For ALL—rural and urban, rich and poor
- Library Journal site carries forking debate between DPLA and LibraryCity—and now here’s a suggested compromise
- WaPo article on e-book crunch at public libraries is must-read for DPLA Tech Aspects Workstream members and others