LibraryCity.org made eBookNewser, one of my favorite publishing industry blogs; and I’m delighted. Publishers and public libraries need to grow closer—libraries promote a culture of reading, and I’d rather see them and publishers working toward a well-stocked national digital library system than squabbling over copyright.
A national digital library system could be new revenue source for publishers and writers—and make it easier to be either. And, yes, there are ways it could directly promote purchases of books. I’ll explore that among the other angles in a forthcoming post.
- One Rx if publishers won’t deal with libraries fairly: Grow your own content and gain more clout
- Books vs. movies and other streamed media: Which should be first priority at Library of Congress?
- More criticism of e-books as they exist today in the library world
- OverDrive as an e-library kickstart—and related information on e-books and family literacy: Links for new visitors to LibraryCity.org
- ‘The most urgent digital library needs are those of Lady Gaga and the Kardashians’